I'm going on a blind date that Bill arranged, but I'm not looking forward to it.
我要去参加比尔安排的相亲,但我并不期待。
He's had a few blind dates, but he says non of them were great.
他相过几次亲,但他说都不怎么样。
02. 给某人介绍对象 Set someone up
There's a guy from work I'd really like to set you up with.
我很想给你介绍一个同事。
I can set you up with my friend if you really want, but I don't think she'll like you.
如果你真的愿意,我可以给你介绍我的朋友,但我觉得她不会喜欢你的。
03.来电,火花
Chemistry
You can feel the chemistry between Bill and Becky. We should set them up.你能感觉到比尔和贝基之间的火花,我们应该撮合一下。
If there isn't any chemistry during a first date, you shouldn't have a second date.如果第一次约会没有任何感觉,你就不应该有第二次约会。
04.心动,悸动 To Feel fuzzy inside
Every time I see her I feel fuzzy inside.
每次见到她,我心里都很心动。
You don't really feel fuzzy inside after dating for a long while. 在约会了很长一段时间之后,你不会真的感到内心还悸动了。
05.不真诚 Insincere
Stop being so insincere and tell me how you actually feel.
别这么不真诚,告诉我你的真实感受。
She was trying to be friendly, but she just seemed insincere.
她试图表示友好,但看起来不真诚。
06.花心的人;老司机 Player/playa A male or female who is skilled at manipulating others, and especially skilled at seducing them by pretending to care about them, when they don't.
I can't date you, I have no time for players.我不能和你约会,因为我没时间和你玩。
He had five girlfriends that had no idea about each other, so he was a real player.他有五个女朋友,彼此都不了解对方,所以他是真正的花花公子。
07.僚机,助攻 Wingman/wingwoman A friend who helps you meet people. They help make things less awkward by being there for you and helping keep the conversation going.
When I walked into the bar, my wingman was already there, talking to two women.
当我走进酒吧时,我的助攻已经在那里了,他当时正在和两个女人说话。
Jane is the best wingwoman. Whenever we go to a bar, she helps me meet guys.
Jane是最强助攻。无论什么时候我们去酒吧,她都帮我去认识异性。
08.暗恋某人 To crush on someone Crushing or having a crush one someone is when you are romantically interested in someone but haven’t told them.
I have a major crush on Jimmy.
我很喜欢Jimmy。
I'm crushing so hard on Paul, but I'm too nervous to ask him out.
我很喜欢Paul,但是我太紧张了,不敢约他出去。
09.和某人分手,甩了某人 Dump someone To break up with someone, to end a relationship with someone.
After dating for two months, Jake dumped Amanda. She is very sad.
经过了两个月的约会之后,Jake甩了Amanda。她感到很难过。
I can't handle his attitude, so I think I'll dump him soon.
我受不了他的态度,我想我很快就会甩了他。
10.前任(消极) Ex Someone that you used to be in a romantic relationship with. Typically, when you refer to someone as an ex, it’s a negative thing.
My ex is an awful person, and I'm glad I dumped him.
我的前任是一个很糟糕的人,我很庆幸自己甩了他。
You should never call your ex unless you tell him that he's an idiot.
你永远都不应该打电话给你的前任,除非你是想告诉他,他是个白痴。
11.前任,旧情复燃(积极) Old flame Someone who you once had a relationship with and still like. Unlike an ex, this term is not negative, but a positive statement.
I saw my old flame yesterday, and she looked great.
昨天我看见了我的前任,她看起来过得很好。
I think she sees me as an ex and not an old flame.