01.
禁食,斋戒
FastA period of time when you eat no food.
- Only yesterday did Harry start to fast.[color=rgb(74, 75, 76)"]Harry昨天才开始斋戒。
- He has been fasting for over a week now. [color=rgb(74, 75, 76)"]他已经绝食超过一周了。
02.
许多的
Oodles A very large amount of something pleasant.
03.喜欢;合某人心意
Tickle one's/sb's fancy.
If something tickles your fancy, you like it and want to have it, do it, etc..
- This new movie really tickles my fancy. Shall we go and watch it?这部新电影很合我的胃口,我们一起去看嘛?
- Nothing on this menu tickles my fancy. I'll just have a salad.菜单上没有我喜欢的菜,我只要一份沙拉。
04.丰富的
HeartyLarge or (especially of food) in a large amount.
05.无味的;无趣的
Insipid - (of food) lacking a strong taste, flavour. Or (of people) lacking in interest or is boring.
This soup is quite insipid. I think it needs some salt and pepper.
这个汤太清淡了,我想需要再放点盐和胡椒。
James is the most insipid person I have ever met, because he only ever talks about his shoes.
James是我见过的最无趣的人,因为他只会讨论他的鞋子。
06.令人垂涎欲滴的
Mouth-wateringFood having a very good appearance or smell that makes you want to eat it.
- The mouth-watering desserts look fantastic. 这些令人垂涎欲滴的甜品看起来棒极了!
- I had the tomato soup which didn't quite live up to its mouth-watering description.我喝了一碗西红柿汤,但它并不像它所描述的那样令人垂涎欲滴。
07.眼大肚子小,形容点了太多东西,却吃不完。
One's eyes are bigger than your stomach.
Said when someone takes/orders/makes too much food, so much that they can't eat it all.
I can't finish my meal, and I guess my eyes are bigger than my stomach!
我吃不下了,我想是我点了太多的东西。
My eyes are bigger than my stomach, so next time I'll order half as much.
我点了很多东西却吃不下了,下次我只点一半的量就好。
08.丰富的,多样化的
VarietyMany different types of things.
09.变化是生活的调味品
Variety is the spice of life.Said to emphasize that doing many different things, or often changing what you do, makes life interesting.
She loves trying different sports every year as she knows variety is the spice of life.
每年她都喜欢尝试不同的运动,因为她知道变化是生活的调味品。
James keeps exploring different countries every year. He says variety is the spice of life.
James每年都去探索不同的国家,因为他说变化是生活的调味品。