01.
指准备在适当时机或有需要的时候才讲出来或做出来
up one’s sleeve - (of a strategy, idea, or resource) kept secret and in reserve for use when needed .
02.
当征求别人的意见时该说什么
What to say when… asking for other people’s opinion
Do you agree?
你同意吗?
What do you think about that?
你也这样认为吗?
What’s your opinion?
你的意见是什么?
How do you feel about it?
你觉得怎么样?
I’d like to hear your thoughts on that…
我想听听你关于...的想法
I’m interested to hear your opinion about this…
我对于你关于...的建议很感兴趣
Would you like to add anything?
你想要补充什么吗?
03.
当你想要打断别人说话时,怎么说?
What to say when… you want to interrupt
Sorry
抱歉
Excuse me
不好意思
Do you mind if I add to that?
你介意我补充一下吗?
Can I jump in here?
我能插句话吗?
Sorry to interrupt but… (I’ve got something to say)
抱歉,我需要打断 一下
Sorry for interrupting
抱歉,我需要打断一下
Sorry, may I interrupt you for just a moment?
抱歉,我可以暂时打断你 一下吗?
If I may interrupt you for a minute… (I’d like to share something with you)
我可以打断你一分钟吗?
04.
要是跑题了,该怎么说
What to say when… you have gone off topic
05.
如果你想要结束对话,要怎么说?
What to say when… you want to end a conversation
Well, I’d best be off! It’s been great chatting.
好了,我该走了! 和你 聊得很开心。
Anyway, I’d better get back to it.
好了,我得回去了。
I’m so glad I ran into you. It’s been great catching up. I’ll see you soon.
很高兴能遇到你。我们聊得很愉快。再见!